Your Local Art Class
A Series of Classes Designed to Help you
The Art Class has been designed to help everyone learn techniques across a range of materials.
Each lesson will have a focus upon a particular media such as drawing, water colours, acrylics and linocut.
Your experience in the lessons will depend upon your level of experience. We will tailor the sessions to your needs. This is essential if you are an intermediate artist or a returning customer. Either way you keep growing.
A term at The Art Class lasts for 12 to 13 weeks, following the school terms. We’ll take you through the basics, leading to you creating your own work of art.
The course below shows you an idea of what we could study:
- Week 1 & 2: Drawing, key skills. Working from objects and images.
- Week 3 & 4: Watercolour, key painting skills. Understanding colour. Landscape painting.
- Week 5 – 7: Acrylics. Painting animals. Painting a portrait.
- Week 8 & 9: Printmaking, learning the joys of lino.
- Week 10: Mixing your media.
- Week 11 -13: Personal art work. Making the most of your new skills!
Your Arts tutor is Andy, an artist and an educator.
Andy has worked in education for 15 years and has been the Head of Fine Art for a decade. Holding posts at grammar schools in Stratford-upon-Avon and Birmingham, and leading Fine Art at a college in Stourbridge.